03 Jun 15 Reasons to workout (that have nothing to do with appearance)
Posted at 09:30h in lifestyle
- Because your heart needs you to – Exercising regularly helps reduce your risk of heart disease, lowers your resting heart rate, and will help control your blood pressure (to name a few things).
- To reduce stress – The endorphins from working out will help make you happier. But the main reason I workout is because exercise takes my mind off of whatever is causing me stress! Workouts like boxing can also act as a form of “anger management.”
- To be happy – As I said before, working out will give you a rush of endorphins (the happy hormone). But whether it’s from the endorphins or just from being proud of yourself, trust me, you’ll always leave a workout feeling great!
- Because it makes your brain sharper – Exercise helps improve memory! While working out, your brain gets more energy and oxygen.
- Because it helps you perform better in other aspects of life – Balance, agility, and overall strength will improve with exercise, which means you won’t fall on that slippery floor and you’ll be able to help your neighbors move their couch.
- To be more confident – Exercising will help you feel more accomplished and more social. Even if you don’t see instant changes in your body, the effort your put in will make you feel better and more confident.
- To carry all your groceries in one trip – This one is self-explanatory… less trips to that car = more time to snack on the delicious (and healthy) food you just bought.
- To be more independent – Working out will definitely make you feel less dependent on others. You are now physically capable of doing things (like lifting and carrying objects) and you’ll also feel mentally stronger. You KNOW you can do certain things now, so it’s time to show people know you don’t need their help.
- Because it makes your body feel good – Exercising will, without a doubt, make you feel more connected with your body. Basic things like walking, sitting, and stretching will feel so much smoother once you reach a certain level of fitness.
- To improve circulation – This is good for many things, including sex!
- Because you’ll sleep better – Just don’t exercise too close to bedtime because you may be too energized to fall asleep.
- Because you’ll have more energy – This may seem strange as exercise can sometimes drain you of energy. But, actually the oxygen and nutrients flowing through your body from exercising will help give you a boost of energy!
- Because you’ll get sick less often – Studies have shown that those who exercise are half as likely to catch a cold than those who are sedentary.
- Because you’ll live longer – It’s true, studies have shown that regular physical activity will increase your life expectancy.
- Because you can – Not everyone has the privilege to move his or her body and workout. This may be because of an illness, age, or disability – but if you are able to move, take advantage of that!